I need to set up my project with a tradition Change Management process that supports a CAB (CCB) that approves and dispositions "Issues". I see what I need in the Jira Service Desk:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver033/change-management-861255537.html
It'd be nice if there was a next-gen article similar to this one that explains how to implement this process. I'm not seeing how this is implemented in Jira Next-gen. Some of the things I'm not sure how to do are:
1. make it so the CAB is only person(s) allowed (permissions) to:
a. move an Issue from Backlog to TODO.
b. Cancel an Issue after it's been put in the Backlog
2. How does the CAB move an Issue from Done to CLOSED (does the CAB put it in the Release/Version?). And no one else should be able to do this (how to implement this).
3. How to designate Issues that are to be delayed until some unknown time in the future (i.e., an unknown Version/Release). Do I create a release called "Future Work" or is there a better way? Only the CAB should be allowed add/delete Issues in Future Work area--how to do that?
4. How to extract (to PDF) all closed Issues for a Release? I don't see a Report for this. Need the contents of the Issues, not just a list of the Issue numbers.
5. If Next-Gen doesn't support this kind of Change Management, does Classic (Jira Software Classic)?
Thanks!