We have created custom fields: Feature Owner and Reviewer. Added them to the screen, they appear in the project's issues, but when I click to select a user from the user picker, the dropdown menu is empty.
We have found out that we needed to start typing the user's name so it will appear in the dropdown menu, even though when you click on the dropdown menu it says no results. You have to start typing the name of the user. At least that worked for us.
Under your project settings do the below
1. Go to "Customer Permissions"
2. under the "Customer sharing" select "Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations"
This will display the list and you do not have to search.
It worked for me. Hope it help's you
Solution:Go to project settings -> Customer permissions -> "Who can customers share requests with?"... Check "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project".
Save.
Then refresh and users can type something and find other users.
Thanks, All.
Here is a screenshot to the above fix:
Can you share a screen shot
I think the problem might be in your workflow
Default issue types have a default workflow which is automatically created
but
Custom issue types must have their own workflow,
Once that is created, I think it will automatically show results
My users can't even start typing a name to enter someone into a custom user picker field. I have also confirmed they have the global permission for browsing users. Anyone else had this issue?
I had a similar issue where a single user-picker custom field suddenly stopped finding any users: issues that already had a user listed retained that user, but a new one could not be assigned - it could only be changed to None.
I resolved this by enabling a user filter for this field. For some reason, this fixed it, even after I disabled the filter again.
"I resolved this by enabling a user filter for this field."
- Hello I am kind of new at Jira. How did you enable the user filter for custom fields?
Go to Settings > Issues > Custom Fields and search for your field.
Then click on the 3 dots menu to the right and select Context and default values.
At the bottom under User Filtering, edit the filtering to use the jira-software-users group.
Available only with jira-administrators permissions.
I tried this solution without success.
Thanks to your comment, I was able to resolve it as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.