The ability to archive projects in the JIRA Cloud has been a new feature in premium subscription, however according to the documentation we still should be able to view archived issues.https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.htmlIssues in archived projects won't appear in basic or advanced search results. You can access these issues through direct links, but you can't edit them. I have a link when i click on it it tells me i don't have permissions being the Org and Site admin. 1st screenshoot me searching for the issue with the key. 2nd is going directly to the issue with the link.
.
Why wasn't this answered? I have the same issue
Same question here
Same question
1,128 views of this post as of 2/15/2022. No answer?
Note to the people viewing this, affected by it, but saying nothing: please don't be so complacent, log in, and speak up -- Like, Upvote, Post.
This should be possible; not having access to archived information is counter-productive -- with the current functionality, the behavior as is if we deleted that information.
Hopefully, this is just user error, and I'm just doing it wrong.
Has anyone opened a bug ticket for this?
Really looking forward to archiving some old projects, but not able to do so now seeing these posts. Atlassian?
found this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74992There has to be a way to view all archived issues without needing to unarchive the project.
Any answers here? I've got end users needing this exact thing.
I'm able to view archived issues by going to Issues (on the left menu) and selecting Status: Archive.
@Chris Herdt : You are able to see them in Cloud or Server? If Cloud, can you please post any pictures to show what you are seeing and how we can see Archived issues?
@SureshCloud. I've included a screenshot.
Is Archive a Status that your project's workflow has? OR it is provided by Atlassian by Default?
This seems like a real drawback. I need to be able to search for tickets in archived projects. Looks like this issue still hasn't been resolved?
Are you sure you have permission to the project, by being added in the project's permission scheme?
With a direct link I can access an issue of an archived project on our Jira Cloud (Premium) instance:
The URLs that can be used are
* https://<your instance>.atlassian.net/issues/<issuekey-number>
* https://<your instance>.atlassian.net/browse/<issuekey-number>
This is besides the many issues with archived projects I encounter almost daily in an old and large instance...
FYI - (someone in) @atlassian, please mark this as answered because the OP is gone/account deleted.
This is a very valuable recommendation. Right now I'm considering migrating all issues in a project I want to archive into a Read-Only active project with a field that indicates what project these issues were migrated from. Not an ideal workaround, but it allows us to search for issues while reducing the admin overhead of having hundreds of active projects that are no longer in use.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.