All I want to do is get our Jira Server 6.4’s data of Projects and Issues imported into Jira Cloud, that is the end goal.
I will list the steps I have gone through so far to try to get it there and the problems I have run into. I am now stuck and have no other ideas on how to proceed. Any advice would be helpful.
This article has steps on how to migrate from Server to Cloud:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/migrate-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-972349848.html
- Step 3: Back up your Jira Server Database (“Database Backup”)
- Step 4: Back up your Jira Server attachments (“Attachments Backup”)
- Step 5: Import your server into Jira Cloud (“Jira Cloud Restore”)
((Our Jira Server is version 6.4 on a Windows 10 machine))
I did the Database Backup and Attachments Backup, then did the Jira Cloud Restore.
Got this error message:
“JIRA must be version 7.0+ for import so start over and install 7.0 upgrade to .11 then re-export and try again”
So I found where to download Jira 7.0, installed it, rebooted our server…
((Our Jira Server is now upgraded to version 7.0, from version 6.4))
I did the Database Backup and Attachments Backup, then did the Jira Cloud Restore.
When on Jira Cloud, I browse the Projects and the data is all there. I browse the Issues, there are NO ISSUES IMPORTED.
I found this forum post suggesting that you must actually have version 7.6 (not 7.0) to prevent the issue of no issues being imported:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-issues-776636788.html
So I found where to download Jira 7.6, installed it, rebooted our server…
((Our Jira Server is now upgraded to version 7.6, from version 7.0))
Localhost:8080 has an error, I view the error logs to find:
No JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variable is set - attempting to just run 'java' command
'"java"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Related support issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-21502
I find that JAVA is not installed on the server. I have to now install JAVA. I find that we need JDK 1.8 which translates to Java SE version 8. I install Java SE 8.
I run the config.bat and can now click “Save” (per support issue instructions in above url).
Now our localhost:8080 Jira server loads and I can get back to the localhost “System” page to backup the Jira Server.
I did the Database Backup (and named it “JiraSystemBackupData_7dot6.zip”) and Attachments Backup, then did the Jira Cloud Restore… and get the error message:
Import error
There was an error importing file JiraSystemBackupData_7dot6.zip. Following issues were reported:
Cannot complete the import because one of the import files contains failed upgrade taskrecords: '73011'. Search the Atlassian Administrator Knowledge Base for instructions on how to fix this, or contact Atlassian Support for help.
I have looked and looked and can not figure out how to fix this “73011” error. So now I’m stuck.
For any Atlassian staff who may read this: So far, this has been a very painful and seemingly unnecessarily difficult process to do what seems like should be such a simple task: export data from server, import data to cloud. It’s just a list of Projects, Issues, and associated users. Why are there so many hoops to jump through?