When we clone an epic the child issues are then displayed in a different order than the original epic. Anyone else had this issue?
Hello Tony,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
When cloning an issue in Jira, the child issues are not cloned, so based on a question that you posted a while ago, I would like to confirm the steps you are following.
When you say Child issues, do you mean the "Issues in this epic" or "Linked issues"?
Are you using the add-on mentioned in your previous question or the Clone feature in Jira?
Regards,Angélica
Hi Angélica
No this is not connected to the previous question that i asked. When I clone an epic, I have the boxes ticked to clone issues of the epic and clone subtasks of the epic and its issues and then the subtasks are cloned but not in the same order as they are in the original epic that I have cloned from
I hope this helps
Thank you
Tony
Thank you for the details, Tony, and sorry for the misunderstanding. I was using the new issue view where it's not possible to create sub-tasks, so I thought that it was related to "Issue in this Epic".
Using the old view, I added some sub-tasks on the Epic and changed its order. After cloning, it was on the same order as the original Epic. In my case, I had 4 sub-tasks only.
How many sub-tasks there are on the Epic you are cloning?
Is it happening on all Epics that you clone?
Well when we clone the Epic the child issues are in then in wrong order in the cloned epic, when we then clone that clone it then corrects the order of the child issues, which is extremely bizarre. We have tested this on multiple epics with various numbers of child issues and we get the same issue. See below
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.