Our team is used to having our board set up with stories and their subtasks as the swimlanes. It gives us a nice view as the subtasks relating to that story move across the board columns.
The other items that are in the form of a task and don't therefore have subtasks then sit at the bottom of the board. It's manageable but I would much rather prefer that the board presented the work, irrespective of the Issue type, in the order that i have ordered it in my sprint backlog as I work hard with my team to ensure that we are pulling in work based on priority. When we use the board at stand it, it feels harder than it needs to be as the work doesn't present on the board in the desired order.
I have experimented with the Queries in swimlanes and tried with components and labels but I haven't really gotten anywhere. I'd rather just be able to keep the Story / subtask layout and be able to drag and drop the order of the 'task' type issues as they should be.
Does anyone have any suggestions please on how to handle this?
Thank you
Louise