Hello all,
I have noted on this page about the backlog, that the first group visible is "the name of the first column on your Kanban board."Can this be disabled so only the backlog items are visible on the backlog?
Hi @submeg ,
You could actually create another board if you wanted, that only had the Backlog status on the board - just a one column board. Then you could handle the Backlog that way and use your regular board for execution.
Other than that, you cannot separate the first column of the board from the Backlog display.
This can not be disabled, but you'll need to configure the columns of the board so the the backlog column contains only the backoog items.
Hi @Bastian Stehmann
That's a shame; we are not looking to put the Backlog items into the Kanban board, just to kept them separate on their own.
They do not appear on the board, if they are in the backlog column.
Of you have the backlog in Kanban enabled, the items in the first column will only appear in the backlog and not on the board. The second column is available in the backlog and on the board. In the backlog, you move the items that should be done next from the backlog to that status and then they'll appear on the board.
The second column is available in the backlog and on the board. In the backlog, you move the items that should be done next from the backlog to that status and then they'll appear on the board.
That's what I could see too; it makes sense to do that, I was just hoping that it could be disabled. Oh well.John's suggestion below it also an option; will investigate that now.
Hi @John Funk that's a good idea; if I do that I'm assuming it won't remove them from the backlog section of the other board, it just provides a different way of looking at them?
Correct.
Thanks. I've created the board and sent it back to the requestor; hopefully this will address the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.