For some users in my team they are seeing Story Points. One other user is only seeing the term Estimate however. Is there a role or reason this happens?
Thanks
Bren
Hello @Brent Thayer Welcome,Here is my understanding,
Ideally it should same for all the users (except the Jira Admin who can see everything)
This could be due to role-based view.
Check with your jira admin about the permission for both users.
So I am the Jira admin and both users are Project admins. The project lead sees the story points view like everyone else. But the other admin sees estimate.
Is it also possible that the person who is doing the "Estimating" will see Estimate? Like it is showing their estimate? For the other users they will see points because they weren't the ones who actually estimated the work? I hope that made sense. I just cant figure this out. And there isn't any documentation that I can find anywhere.
Oh, that is something new to me.!We never use estimates and mostly work with story points.I too didn't find any documentation on this.Ok this is just a thought ((I am sure there are much better experts here to help you out)- what if you make one of the Project admins as a Jira admin and check if this is due to role? Be cautious doing this and revert to the original state after your analysis., else try it out in a test environment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.