Context:
We use mainly two types of projects in Jira. For ease, I will refer to them as Type A and Type B. Each of these types have their own workflow and in the creation of the project, we configure the workflow that applies.
Both Type A and Type B projects have their own unique issue types. These are based on their own unique workflow.
Problem:
I will describe the problem by giving an example. When a user moves an issue from Type A project to Type B project, sometimes they forget to change the issue type of Type A into the fitting issue type of Type B project. Can you follow that?
As a result, we see now the issue types of both projects mixed up when creating a new issue while this shouldn't be the case. When creating a new issue in Type A project, I only want to see the issue type of the Type A project and the same applies to that of the Type B project. We manually changed issue types of all tickets, but we still see the same problem happening.
Pursued solution:
I want to know how I can configure that when creating a new issue, users can only choose from the issue types that a specific to the type of project that they are in, for example in Type A project a user can only choose from issue types of Type A workflow even if some past tickets might have closed with a mixed workflow.
The ideal situation would be even that we could restrict users to choose ONLY from the issue types of the workflow of the project that they are moving the issue to.
Are these two things above possible?