I'm trying to comment on a code snippet, but the option is greyed out.
I can do in-line comments on text but not on the actual code snippet/block.
Thank you!
Yes, that is expected behavior. You only options are to add comments above the code block, or actually edit the code and insert comments in the code using the code syntax.
Is this something that might be changed in the future, having the ability to do in-line comments on specific lines of code?
A bit of context:I'm building technical documentation that requires to be reviewed and improved, having in-line comments in the code would be optimal.
Well don't hold your breath. ;-) This issue was reported under CONFSERVER-36415 in 2015, and its current status is shows as "not being considered". So it is open, but no plans to fix.
Thank you for your quick reply! Looks like I will have to find another solution for my team's needs.
For those who still looking for answers, I can recommend a midway solution with Markup:https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-wiki-markup-251003035.html
It doesn't support markdown highlighting, but can create a preformatted block, which can be commented.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.