When I go to the Configure email request types, only one type appear in the list.
The documentation states that "To use the email channel, you need to have at least one request type in your project with visible Summary and Description fields."
which I have, both fields are visible for the request type I want to use for email requests.
Also followed what was suggested here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Unable-to-quot-Configure-email-request-types-quot-permission/qaq-p/1162526
but with no luck.
What else should I check or might be missing to be able to see a request type in the list to default to when handling requests sent over email?
Do you maybe have a screenshot of what you see when trying to configure your email requests?
Normally it should look like this.. what does it show for you?
Hey Cristian, what exactly isnt working? When you raise a request using email, what request type does it automatically get?
Liron
Product Manager on JSD
Hello Liron!
So let's say in the Request types I have 2 options:
1. "Ask a question"
2. "Open Support Request"
In the e-mail request type I have listed only option #1.
Right, so in my case only one request type shows up to set for inbound emails.
Only the "Ask a question" shows up in the dropdown, the other options do not.
That gets us to my thread details with the options for a request type.
Hi @Cristian V ,
I did a few tests myself what could block it.
Now when I create a new Request Type you need to make sure you have the mandatory fields covered on the Request Form.
For an email this means having both a summary and a description field.
By default the subject of the email is mapped to the summary and the body to the description.
If it however is not present on the Request form, it cannot be mapped and doesn't show.
Can you check if the request type that is not showing actually has the Description AND summary field on the form?
I do have both those fields required in the request form section of the request type.
The request does have a few other visible and required fields. Do only summary and description ones have to be required?
LE: I was actually right on point there, for a request type ONLY the summary and description fields must be the required ones.
If you add any other field as required, the request type will no longer appear in the email request configuration screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.