I am trying to change the task status using REST API but getting below error
{
"errorMessages": [
"It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Canceled) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (TEST-5181). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details."
],
"errors": {}
}
POST Request was https://<domain>/rest/api/2/issue/TEST-5181/transitions
{
"transition": {
"id": "1111"
}
}
To make sure that i have available trsnsition for that task i did GET request https://<domain>/rest/api/2/issue/TEST-5181/transitions, I got below response which shows me that I should be able to change status to id=1111, which is canceled
{
"expand": "transitions",
"transitions": [
{
"id": "1111",
"name": "Canceled",
"to": {
"name": "Canceled",
"id": "11406",
"statusCategory": {
"id": 3,
"key": "done",
"colorName": "green",
"name": "Done"
}
}
},
{
"id": "981",
"name": "IRM Review",
"to": {
"name": "Review",
"id": "12900",
"statusCategory": {
"id": 2,
"key": "new",
"colorName": "blue-gray",
"name": "To Do"
}
}
}
]
}