I'm trying to build a scrum board that includes certain Stories in the current Jira project + Stories whose Epic Link points to another Jira project. (This is a finite list; the search will yield only 1 or 2 other Jira projects. I am an Admin on all projects.)
Working in project ABC, I tried to search for all Epics of project ABC with this query: issueFunction in epicsOf("project = 'ABC'"). The search works, but it results in this message on the Board Configuration screen: "The projects in this board cannot be listed because of the complexity of the board filter." Additionally, I cannot start sprints because of this limitation.
Is there another way to query Epics from another project that are linked to Stories in the current project?
Example:
My project is ABC. Epics in project XYZ have Issues from project ABC.
Epic XYZ-100 is the Epic link for three stories:
A filter on the scrum board of project ABC should include stories ABC-456 and ABC-457. A simple query of project=ABC excludes Stories linked to outside Epics.