I really do not like the new UI. It is trying to imitate the other "modern" wiki solutions. The classic confluence UI was for me perfect. An wiki with a bit more features, lightweight with some extras. Not word / sharepoint.
The main problem for me with the new UI is this.
- Horizontal screen space. - I want to be able to use all of my moitors screen space. Not have useless whitespace at the sides.
- Super slow - The old UI was really quick to render on screen. New UI is superslow and it is annoying.
- [ shortcut for creating new pages directly from where you stand in the article does not longer work. Now you have to fiddle and faff about to make a new page.
But the main issue - I want to use _ALL_ of available screenspace in my article. We have _HUGE_ monitors. I want to use it!
So, we run self hosted. And I want to upgrade to the lastet proper confluence version, so I wonder at which version number did Atlassian change to the other UI. How long will confluence support the classic UI?
I really like confluence, the classic UI was really good! Some minor bugs. Fast to render, and fast to work in with the short-cuts.
But not with this new UI. Its a new product now. Its like sharepoint now. Slow and cramped.