What is the best option to create recurring tasks/issues?
Given you are on cloud you have Automation built in so that is definitely the way to go. You can setup a trigger that meets your needs. Often with recurring tasks it is on some schedule so you can use the "Schedule" trigger and either select the frequency or set up a cron. Here is a good resource to assist - automation-triggers
Used this Addon previously: the scheduler
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/37456/the-scheduler?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Here you can find more info about mentioned apps, for scheduling Jira issues: Whats the difference between "The Scheduler" plugin and using automation's "scheduled" trigger
Hello,
We have created an app for this kind of cases, see - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213072/repeating-issues
Regards,
Piotr
I know it's an old question, but i still search for the same answer. Do you find better way then automation trigger?
@Kortni , what is it about the built-in automation approach that does not work for you? What exactly is it that you want or need?
@Jack Brickey the problem that I can't figure out with triggers
If you are creating recurring tasks then I assume it is going to be based on a schedule. Assuming so then you would usually schedule trigger. feel free to share your rule via screenshot if you're stuck.
@Kortni!⠀If you`re searching for solutions for Jira recurring tasks, I suggest you try out the Recurring Checklists and Report add-on.⠀I`m from the SaaSJet team and we`ve developed this plug-in to add checklist to Jira issue and combine it with a planner. So, you`ll get 2-in-1 apps: checklists and a scheduler.
Check a free trial
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.