Is there no way to enable nested groups in JIRA cloud? I can't seem to find a way to get them to work. All the documentation I see is for integrating with LDAP or questions asked for OnDemand which no longer exists.
Re-read the OnDemand questions - Cloud is just the new name for OnDemand, and they're still good answers as the user management stuff has not changed a huge amount.
Yes, I know Cloud is the new name for OnDemand, but all the previous documentation now points to broken links (and is from 3 years ago) and in regards to JIRA 4.3. We're now at JIRA 6.4 which means quit a lot has probably changed since then. The only question I could find for OnDemand was: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/182930/nested-groups-for-jira-ondemand Which has an answer pointing to: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6289 Which is a broken link... Hence my question
Ah, that's not a broken link, it's just that the issue has been restricted. Not sure why, but it was the right place to land. From memory, the issue says basically "we don't use nested groups and are not going to enable it", but I don't remember what the reason was and I don't know if they're planning to enable it in the future. There's a similarly restricted issue for integrating with external LDAP servers, but again, I don't know if this is progressing any more. Best bet is to raise a support request, they'll probably gve you a good explanation there.
Ah, that works. At least now it's documented somewhere lol I didn't know if it was a permissions thing or just cause I wasn't logged in thing hence why I thought it was a broken link. I'll not pester them if they've gone away and made it hidden. They'd probably prefer us to buy crowd anyway to make nesting possible Thanks for your help. I'll go ahead and accept your answer since your comment on it is correct Thanks for everything!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.