Hi Jira Support Community & Experts,
We are having an issue whenever we aren't using the "New issue view" (Jira Labs) feature.
If you load a particular issue in this legacy view originating from an issue search page, it seems to load and render, but you cannot scroll down. In fact, it's only the issue content itself that won't scroll (e.g. comments area, div#content); the left side bar menu does scroll (div#navigation-app).
If you don't originate from a search page, there's no "Return to Search" link and the issue view scrolls perfectly fine. So to be clear, the problem is only present on issues which display that upper-right corner Return to Search link as far as I can tell.
We've found this an issue across mac and windows, and FF/Chrome/Safari. I'm currently showing the issue in the latest of all three browsers.
Looking into the DOM, I can see the page structure is different based on directly viewing the issue or originating from search results. In particular there's a scroll handler assigned to div.issue-view but no such element or style/event on the search-originating issue page (instead it's div.issue-container). If I had to just guess, I'd say this is the root cause of the problem.
If I mess about in the web inspector a bit, I can get the issue content to scroll by applying:
height: 872px; /* whatever the window height is; should be set on resize */
overflow: auto; /* or overflow-y of course */
If I had to guess a bit more, I'd just say there's a missing call to assign the height on this div.issue-container element when viewing the search-results-originating issue, as well as a missing scroll handler or style.
Is this something we can get fixed in the source, or will I need to add this to our jira instance manually somehow? I am not a jira admin so I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about doing that (yet). We'd like to reliably use this legacy issue view for a bit longer.
Thanks in advance!
~~~ Attachments ~~~
1. Adding CSS to .issue-container fixes the scrolling; height needs to be updated on window resize

2. Stock Jira code with declared height and scroll handler on .issue-view (this is from the directly-linked issue view page, I did not modify this). Also here, height is updated when the window resizes
