New to Jira? Learn the basics about issues, the building blocks of any Jira Cloud project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHM1eCb4zo
Looking for more learning and training resources?
Keep learning: How to create issues in Jira.
Enroll—for free—in Jira Basics on Atlassian University.
Hello daer friends, My name is Rihanna. I would love to know more about the features here.
@Rihanna Kashani Hello and welcome. I recommend you check out Atlassian University's free Learn Jira Basics course. It's 73 mins long and it provides a lot of detail about the features and how they're used: https://training.atlassian.com/jira-basics
@Marshall Walker Lee are the videos updated to reflect the 100 changes made to Jira/Confluence?
I spent hours yesterday on a simple things like these and finally see that they are pretty much removed. Guidelines are old and outdated for allot of the content. If you guys move fast and change you need to change the documentation too. Not as fun for the devs but as a big company and many corps users this is a must.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Adding-instructional-text-to-templates/qaq-p/804870
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Could-not-find-Panel-macro/qaq-p/1069392
Thank you for the feedback @vampyren
I hear you loud and clear. I will pass your concerns on to the appropriate Atlassians.
Thank you @Marshall Walker Lee
Cool~Very helpful for newbies!
THANKS
Thanks
nice quick content
@Marshall Walker Lee All the documentation on the site seems to be either written for absolute beginners (eg. 'what is an issue') or written in developer speak that makes no sense to a non-dev person like me. I have a few specific questions that I have spent hours trying to find the answers for with no luck.
Is there no way to speak to Jira support to get some answers? It is all incredibly frustrating and a massive waste of my time trying to figure everything out through trial and error when it could be answered in a 10 minute call.
Hi @James Torvaney
what are your questions? I’m sure we will help where we can. Thanks,
Danny
James, I'm sorry that you've been feeling frustrated. Would you mind sharing one or two questions to help me understand how Atlassian can do a better job supporting you? Thanks!
Easy to understand and learn. Thanks for sharing.
Is it possible to re-label "issue" as "work-item" or just "item"? It would make a lot more sense considering the fact that it is really an item that we deal with in Jira... whether it is a user story, Epic, new feature or an issue or defect.
I don't understand this 'emotional attachment' to the term 'issue'. It may have been relevant when jira started but it's about time Atlassian should change it for the common good.
@Marshall Walker Lee, thanks for your post . I am new to the world of Jira as transitioning from a Sales Manager to role of a Business Analyst and hence have been using the platform since a while. Can you plz help me understand the different products under Atlassian's umbrella and when it'd be the best scene to use them like Jira v Jira Service Management v Jira Align , as well as Jira v Confluence v Trello ?
@Rahul Bhansali Trello and Confluence are collaboration tools. Confluence allows you to create, organize, and share documents. Trello allows you to collaborate visually using boards and cards. Jira on the other hand is a tool for planning and tracking work projects in detail. It allows you to build, automate, and observe a wide variety of workflows. If you want to learn more about Jira or Confluence, check out the free Fundamentals collections on Atlassian University: https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/815443-jira-fundamentals
Easy to understand and learn issue types and its creation . Thanks for sharing.
Hello everybody. my name is Abubakar Umar Lawan. I want to know about jira software and how to use the Software? Thank you all
@Abubakar Umar Lawan you should take the free Jira Fundamentals course on Atlassian University.
there is lot of documents in our community please use it , if still any topics not covered let us know so that we can start creating the same
Good simple and understandable.
I have not been able to find out how to reboot this Lenovo back to factory settings or around the forgotten password even by routing through BIOS I have the PN: number but not where I need to use it in order to recover this Desktop.
Thank you for sharing all of the information in one place! As a Jira-newbie it is very helpful and allows me to get around Jira easier.
Hello !
All these updates are bullshit! LET US WORK, PLEASE!!
All these updates are *bleep*! LET US WORK, PLEASE!
[Slur removed as it is against community guidelines ]
Hi Atlassian Support Team,
Could you provide official recommendations on:
The ideal maximum number of issues/tickets per Jira project to maintain optimal performance?
Any documented thresholds where performance degradation typically occurs (e.g., 50K, 100K issues)?
Our team manages several large projects and wants to:
Avoid slowdowns in filters/dashboards
Prevent timeout errors during bulk operations
Plan archiving or project splitting strategies
We’ve reviewed Jira Cloud Performance Guidelines but would appreciate clarity on:
Whether these limits differ for Jira Cloud vs. Data Center
How custom fields/workflows impact these thresholds
Thank you for your expertise!"*I would like to ask a question.
In the Jira application, how ideal is it to have ticketing within one project? Can anyone explain the maximum number of tickets within one project so that it does not interfere with the performance of the Jira project itself?
@yoppy rizaldi Not sure it's quite on topic for this thread, but the limits documentation we have for Data Center are our guardrails.
I lost access to my Jira site Please help restore my account or admin access. I’m the original owner and can verify my email.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.