I'm currently assessing Jira Servicedesk as an option for our ticketing solution, and is on a free plan for Jira Service Desk and I'm having trouble with request creation via e-mail.
I setup a personal gmail e-mail channel, and I got the confirmation e-mail that confirm the custom email account is connected, which says: "Your service desk email channel is ready to receive requests!". However, any e-mails received by this e-mail doesn't create any Jira Service Desk requests. These e-mails also are unopened and remains in unread status.
I have come across multiple similar threads, such as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-sent-to-the-service-desk-address-create-no-ticket/qaq-p/1047505 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-not-creating-requests-issues-in-Service-Desk/qaq-p/1048767 . I have verified / conducted the following steps:
- Go to Jira settings > System > Global mail settings and verify email puller and email processor are set to "On".
- Navigate to Project settings > Customer permissions, under "Who can access the portal and send requests", it is set to "Anyone can send a request without logging in".
- Navigate to Project settings > Email requests, the email request type is assigned to a request type that has "Summary" and "Description" visible in the customer request form.
- Navigate to Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests:
- The e-mail address shows a status of "No e-mail received ever". But, the email is received in the e-mail account and remains unread.
- Clicking test on the e-mail also is successful, saying "No problems found with email settings configuration. Successfully connected to the specified email server.".
Please advise on what is the resolution for it.