I need JQL to select issues that have status = "IN QA", and they have linked issues that have status = "OPEN"
@Taras Kobynets You can try these JQLs
status="IN QA" and issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("status=open")
status= "IN QA" and issue in linkedIssuesFromQuery("status=Open") - may have performance impact depending on the number of results
JQL out of the box does not allow nested queries.
The two functions mentioned are from apps, linkedIssuesOf() is available if you have Scriptrunner, and linkedIssuesFromQuery(subquery) is from another app that I do not know the name of.
We have added ScriptRunner trial to our Jira cloud (see screen).Bu I got this error when I try your query (screen2):issue in linkedIssuesFromQuery("status=open")Unable to find JQL function 'linkedIssuesFromQuery(status=open)'Here are more details:Actually the goal is to highlight (using "card collor" feature of Jira) issues "IN QA" that have linked issues in "OPEN" state. The aim is to visually see on Kanban board if the issue is actually not complately ready for test, because it has linked issues that are still OPEN.So we were thinking about something like this:project = "Project1" AND status = "IN QA" and issueLinkType in ("relates to") and issue in linkedIssuesFromQuery(' project = "Project1" AND status = "OPEN" ')
Scriptrunner do not have a function called linkedIssuesFromQuery(subquery), that is why you get the error. You can use linkedIssuesOf(subquery) instead, which comes with Scriptrunner.
I feel like I am not sure if ScriptRunner actually activated, because I have this error:"Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."Do you know how I can check of ScriptRunner is active, to be sure?
That is interesting but does not fully answer to the question which mentions a "free" solution
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.