Everything I read tells me that if I
A) Set the field to Mandatory
Define a default value
Then having a radio button with multiple values will cause the 'None' option to disappear.
I've done A and B (defining in Field configuration and context appropriately as far as I can tell), but "None" still keeps being displayed for the field in question.
One major difference from the other examples I've read is that this field is Mandatory, but I do NOT show it in the 'Create Issue' screen, it only shows up in the Edit/View set of screens.
Fundamentally, I have a tab dedicated to walking through a list of other groups and deciding whether dependencies exist with them. Options are 'Unknown', 'Not Needed', 'Needed', and 'Approved'. 'Unknown' is the default and 'None' has raised questions in every single User Demo I've had...
Am I messing things up by not displaying the fields until post-creation? I really don't want to make these show up at creation time since they will require significant thought to fill out correctly.