I want to make a Rest API call to an API when a subtask is completed or when a question is answered and want to send a few items in the API call. How do I do that? I don't find anything regarding this on this page and this. I want to use a groovy script for this. any reference or guide for this? Thanks
@Jamshaid Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
This can be done using workflow post functions for making rest call using groovy you will need external plugin like ScriptRunner.
An example where ScriptRunner call Slack's rest api as a post functions - https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/post-functions.html#_post_to_slack
Details about Post Functions - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions
Hi, thanks for your kind response. Is there any other way to run groovy scripts than using SccriptRunner? Any free tool?
No free tools for this. You can write custom plugin, but in that route also groovy won't come.
thanks a lot for guiding me. Have a good day
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.