Hi, community!
I have a Kanban board like this https://i.imgur.com/oyojm6v.png. Problem is I can't find how to sort the cards by priority. High priority cards should be in top, low priority in bottom
Could you please help me?
you can change your board's filter to sort by priority, e.g.
project = my project order by priority DESC
the actual order is governed by how you have them listed in the admin section, e.g. Highest, High, Medium, Low, Lowest
note that if you are currently using Ranking for rank your issues then this will be disrupted.
another consideration would be to use swimlanes by priority or card colors by priority.
By default Kanban boards sort by Rank (i.e. top of the list is top priority). So you don't need to maintain an explicit Priority field unless you are managing priority outside of a board (e.g. you have an external incident/defect management tool which is used for prioritisation). If you definitely need an explicit Priority field, go with what Jack said.
How do I change the filter to sort by priority?
If Classic project click on the ellipses in top right and select Board settings > general
Is there a way to have Rank ASC, and priority DESC so that the PO can order the cards on the column on the board as well as have priority be the default order on the board?
I'm not sure how this answers my question: Is there a way to have Rank ASC and Priority ASC?
Looking for this as well - I set the board filter to order by rank ASC, priority DESC but it then doesn't allow you to drag within the swimlane. I was expecting it to allow me to order within the same priority.
Rank is a unique sort. Any sort after Rank won’t have the effect you’re looking for. It’s a bit like sorting by Key then sorting by something else - once you’ve applied the first sort the subsequent sorts don’t have any effect. You could sort by priority and then by rank.
Priority and Rank are effectively doing the same thing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.