Hi,
I created custom field - number field.
I want to be sure that only admins can see this and add/edit value.How do I do that? it's possible ?
I hided this fields when they are empty, and latter I created automation rule, now when someone change value of field jira send me message
you would need to employ an addon like Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Secure field, etc.
this is the only way? how about sittings automation ?
Hi @l.kubon - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It's a little clunky, but you can create separate screens for View and Edit. Then take the field that you don't want people to edit out of the Edit screen. They can still see it and the value, but not change it.
Then create a looping transition on the status (a transition that links a status back to the same status).
Then create a transition screen with just the field(s) that you want to update. Attach this transition screen to the looping transition in the workflow.
Then place a condition on the looping transition so that only Administrators can execute the transition. Therefore, only Administrators can update the field now.
You cannot hide a field for certain people in Jira Cloud.
thank you
automation is a reaction to a trigger. you need something to change the normal behavior/permission of a field. you can certainly not include the field on any screen but it doesn't really hide it as users could stumble across in a search.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.