Hi everyone,
Is it possible to use JIRA not only as DMS but also as a PLM?
Basically I need to create structures of part numbers following family/category rules but also with automated number generation, including for documents.
As an example imagine the following structure:
01 - Complete Package
|--- 011 - Software
|--- 012 - Hardware
|------ 0121 - Cables
|------ 0122 - Boards
|--- [02] - Documentation
02 - Documentation
|--- 021 - Manuals
|------ 0211 - User Manuals
|------ 0212 - Admin Manuals
|--- 022 - Sticking Labels
|--- 023 - Certificates
A couple of examples:
- I decide to create a new user manual I would ask JIRA to give me a new 0211 number and I would receive something like 0211-12345-1.0
- The complete package part number 01-87878-2.0 now has a new set of cables -> it's part number is upreved to 01-87878-2.1 since the set of cables belonging to it went from for instance 0121-77665-2.0 to 0121-77665-3.0
I need to manage documentation (DMS) but I also need to manage part/document numbers (PLM).
Is there a way to do this without re-inventing the wheel or go the "coding-avenue"?
Thanks in advance.