Hi
In Jira Cloud how to restrict issue type to particular users?
Thank you!
Hi @Jira Tutorial
I believe Issue Security is your way to go, please see more details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html
Hi @Jira Tutorial ,
In Cloud you can't restrict it. On server there is an app which can do it. What Peter suggest does not work, because users can still create the issue if you use an issue level security scheme. After creation (if you use a default level) they may not see the issue anymore, but you can't prevent them from creating it.
Actually, they will be able to see the issue. Pretty obscure thing in the docs (I think there's only one line that mentions it), but to set a security level, you have to have to be part of it. So you can't create an issue that would be hidden from yourself.
Hence the 'if you use a default level'
Nope, they can't use a default level if they're not in it.
Hello there,
I recently noticed that it team-managed projects you can restrict issue type for certain roles:
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.