I have a project with 3 boards and have custom fields. I want those custom fields applied to cards in one board and not all three.
Hi Lindsay, welcome to the Community. So fields are associated to issues and issue screens not Boards. Now you can change what is displayed on the cards in a board or the detailed issue view that is displayed in the side bar when clicking on a card in a board. Can you add more detail on your specific goal?
I want the board I manage to have the custom fields I created and the other boards to have the default fields. How do we get the other board's generics field back?
Hi @lindsay.barrett It's not possible to separate the boards by custom fields. As @Jack Brickey mentioned screens are associated with projects and not specific to boards. Can you let us know how your boards are currently separated? Do you have those custom fields on a single issue type (E.g. story) ?
To reiterate, custom fields are associated with issues and not with boards specifically. So for example, if you have issue A and that issue is displayed on multiple boards and that issue has custom fields 1,2,3,4 configured to display on the issue detail screen then they will display n that screen regardless of where you access that screen. With that said, could you please capture a screenshot and share here of exactly where you’re saying of custom build that you don’t want to see?
I have a feature request board in my overall Product project. I also have a general product board and a design board. I don't want the custom fields I created for the FR issue type to appear on the task or story issue on the design board and the story issue on the general product board. I'd prefer to have just the general fields.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.