I have a few different scenarios that fit this pattern: I want to use a single board sourcing issues from multiple projects with different workflows.
For example, I have a project team working from a Jira project. There are two (or more) software development teams with their own Jira projects each managing defects in their respective systems. Those defects share the same issue type (Bug) however each team uses a different workflow associated to the Bug issue type for their project.
I believe it is possible for the project team to write a board with a filter that can visualise the defects across two different projects. But I'm not sure how it copes with two different workflows. I'm also not sure whether its a good idea and whether there is a better way to go about this.
Ultimately what I'm looking for is a way for the project team to have an E2E view of their defects even if they are owned by other teams.