I would like to know what would be the best way to export data extracted from Jira to csv file. I need to build a script that creates a summary of epic task and its subtasks as far as logwork is concerned plus some additional information.
I have already build some scripts using script runner that extracts necessary information.
Is there a way to create csv from within script during a transition e.g. when closing a task? Or maybe a link that would allow the file to be downloaded or added as a comment on the closing issue. Does Jira enables this feature?
Is making a call to Jira REST API from within a script using script runner is a good idea?
If yes what steps should I take into consideration?
I know this is possible to create a filter and amend its url so that in the end we get a link to a file that we can download which is a .csv file. But it looks like this is quite limited in the way that I would like to create csv that grabs information from many different issues where filters narrow the searches down?