Hi All,
I am looking for a way to create issue templates. This could come in the form of pre-populated system and custom fields that are available on the create screen. I have come across several other older posts that basically say that pre-populating system fields is not possible in Jira. I would hate to recreate custom versions of system fields.
I have also looked into using Post Functions; however, it seems that those (limited) fields only get populated after the user clicks Create on the create screen (in Server). I thought about giving all of the users import access and providing a xls spreadsheet template to import, but that just seems what to hacky and inconvenient for the users.
One snag to this is that, I am pretty new at Jira. Another snag is that we are soon or later (not sure which) moving away from Server and to Jira cloud. So it would be nice if the solution could work for both.
Does anyone have any ideas or have successfully implemented issue templates for their users. I would love to hear about different solutions others have used to achieve this.
Thanks in advanced!
P.S. I am also well aware of the pitfalls of providing pre-filled field text to users. So, currently the focus is on how can this be done, not if this should be done.
Thanks again.