I can't work out how to mention someone when I'm responding to a JIRA email or in the plugin for G-Suite. I'm sure it's obvious but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Hi @Trevor Glen
If you're replying from an email, you can use [~accountId:5f127cc6e5c51dfb] where the alphanumeric string is the accountid of the user which you need to know beforehand. once the comment is rendered on Jira, it will take up the user profile and reflect that.
@Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP thanks for that.
It would be great if we could do something like [~@<email address>] as with only 20 members in my team, I'm not going to remember their individual strings!
@Trevor Glen that's not going to happen most probably due to privacy laws. what you could do is save that format of all the users as a draft in your email with how to identify each user, so you can copy and paste when sending from there.
@Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP How does that affect privacy? It should be an option on each instance of JIRA, so I could turn it on for my internal company JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.