Hi!
I have two teams working in two projects - thus, they have different releases and fixversions. They work on the same product.
Is there a way to have a shared release for two teams, with one release button to click?
Yes, this is possible. Please follow this doc
https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/creating-and-configuring-cross-project-releases-998651713.html
Worth pointing out you need Jira Premium to use the Advanced Roadmaps function. In Jira Standard it's not available.
One approach is to have them work in the same project. Then if you need to assign issues to one team or another you create a custom field with a team name drop down. You essentially virtualise the project for two teams.
The downsides:
The other approach is you put the issues and releases in a single project and the teams in different projects then those projects use a board that takes issues from the first project. I've never used this approach so not sure if it's feasible but it will be confusing (e.g. teams working in a project will accidentally search their own project for issues and won't find any).
Thanks for the answer!
However, it does not seem to be meeting my needs. Please see the screen below: I created a shared release, but I cannot release it directly from the plan. I still need to go to separate projects, and release separate versions
Yep, I agree, these both approaches have huge downsides for me. Do you probably know any addon I could use?
Hi @Yuliia Zhyliaieva ,
there is an addon you could use 🎉 Here is an article I wrote that describes it's functionality 👉 https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-share-releases-between-projects-with-Cross-project/ba-p/1354688
Let me know if that's useful
Nikki
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.