Hello everyone,
My goal is to display the value of a Jira REST query result into a confluence page, inline with the text. I am aware of the /jira macro but that does not cut it as it renders ugly gray boxes that break the line.
Here an example of what I'd like to see in confluence and how in my head i'd like to get it done:
In my confluence page I've the following sentence as normal text:
- "The value of the field is value" - I'd like for the world value to be dynamically generated based upon the value of a Jira issue field.
The way i dream for this to work is:
Now this would get me the value of the field id: 123456 from the REST api for project PRJ-1 and display it as text in confluence.
What i don't want:
- Text displayed in tables that messes up the layout,
- text rendered by the /jira macro that disrupts the layout and doesn't sit in line with my paragraph,
Any direction is appreciated since i am new here and i am losing my mind around macros and other articulated concepts. Just some simple JSON parsing, HTLM, CSS or running some JS/Python somewhere would relieve my stress.
Thanks