As a Portfolio manager, I understand unless the admin changes the attributes of the system, I will never be able to export more than 1000 stories at a time. However, as we recently migrated from on-premises version of Jira to a cloud version, I can no longer see a number than 1000, when I configure my filter to see different views via JQL. This is a major hindrance, as those numbers sometimes let you know if the JQL created was 100% accurate or not. Not to mention, if I were to use date delimiters to parse the data down to 1000 or less, it'd be via "hunt and peck" method, as I would not know if the date range had 1001 or say 1400 in it, which would tell me how much to adjust dates.
Some would say, "you never need to see this much data." I would counter with, "you are right, but my leadership team does, and they also expect to be able to see a compare and contrast over months, quarters, years, over multiple projects, aggregated." Thus the high numbers of stories to be captured.
Any ideas? Thanks!