How do I use dropdowns in next gen projects? Can I sort by them? Can I divide issues into groups by them? Can I show it in the backlog?
Hi Margarita - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I would suggest you first get familiar with custom fields in Next-gen by review this article:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-an-issues-fields-in-next-gen-projects/
First of all, this article only describes how to configure custom fields in next-gen projects. This is something I already figured out myself. By the way, the article doesn't even describe such a custom field, as a dropdown.
What I really need is to figure out how I use it.
- Does it allow to divide my tasks in backlog into several groups?
- Does it allow to sort by dropdown options? How do I do this?
- What is the purpose of the field? For some reason Atlassian has added it. So? How am I expected to use it?
Since you mentioned Next-gen projects in the title of your question, that's what I sent to you. If you are looking for more generic descriptions of fields and their capabilities, you can see them in this article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/custom-fields-types-in-classic-projects-972327807.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.