After reviewing - > https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-the-request-type-when-creating-an-issue-using-jira-core-rest-api-in-cloud-974366000.html
I am trying to update a custom field request type:
"customFieldId_14210": {"id": "Account Assistance"}
I keep getting 405 method not allowed when I try to POST. I just don't know what I am doing wrong here.
POST -> https://OurCompany.jira.com/rest/api/2/issue/<issueID>
-----------------------------
I've tried:
{"fields": {"customFieldId_14210": {"id": "Account Assistance"}}}
As well as:
{"customFieldId_14210" : {"id":"Account Assistance"}}
@Nick Glazer , I checked the page you shared. It looks to me like request should be
{"customFieldId_14210" : "Account Assistance"}
in case "Accoutn Assistance" is really ID of the request type option.
You can try to get request type id using REST API request
So I see the id for the field is "id": "33" based on the endpoint listed above. Not sure what to do with that info though.
As far as sending in the body, still get a 405 not allowed when using:
{"_expands":["field"],"id":"33","_links":{"self":"https://tennant.jira.com/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/7/requesttype/33"},"name":"Account Assistance"
Per the -> endpoint: /rest/servicedeskapi/requesttype
Try to use ID pls
{"customFieldId_14210" : 33}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.