I'm still new to this so apologies if I have missed something really obvious with this one.
I'm creating new projects in Jira from a project I'm using as a template.
When I create a new project and copy the settings from the template project, it correctly copies the issues, workflows, etc. that I want in it. I can see them in the summary screen in the project settings.
When I Create an issue in the new project, the issue type drop down list is populated with the correct issue types (set in the scheme) and all the custom fields that I've created.
BUT, when I add a Kanban board to the new project, and then hit 'Create' I get a different set of issues (the basic Task, Story, Bug, Epic issues).
The field has a note under it which says:
Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations.
I'm wondering what I've missed in getting the issues to correctly populate after the creation of the Kanban board?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.