I was trying to solve my issue in Sprint Automation trigger for Sub Tasks, when I came across another issue. I'm not sure if this is related. It exhibits similar behaviour.
I'm trying to execute the following JQL (test case 1):
type = subtask AND status != Done AND sprint is not EMPTY
The results is "No Issues found to match". This is incorrect, I have subtasks that match this condition.
But if I run (test case 2):
type = subtask AND status != Done
The results come back with subtasks with empty sprints and any sprint.
If I run (test case 3):
type = subtask AND sprint is not EMPTY
The results will come back with subtasks with only empty sprints and any status.
Now this is truly strange. How can the bottom two test cases be correct and not the first one?
If this was SQL, i would say there is some sort of JOIN between status and sprint that isn't working.
Can anyone else repro? I'm using Jira Software Online, on a Next Gen Project.