I've recently learned that Atlassian doesn't provide any official support for automated backups of Confluence and Jira Cloud applications. However, the support team has referred me to these two options discussed here...
- Using these Scripts.
- Using the Automation tool.
Upon review of these two options, I'm having trouble making use of them for the following two reasons.
- For Confluence, both options above are creating Confluence Cloud Site backups and there is no way to import the backups if you have both Jira and Confluence Cloud as discussed here.
- The Automation tool creates backups, however, it provides no method to automatically download them also.
Can someone please help confirm if my understanding above is correct? Hopefully I'm missing something that will allow me to make use of one of these options to backup my Confluence and Jira sites.
Any guidance is much appreciated as I need a way to do automatic backups. I'm tagging @Stephen Sifers and @Dario B as they appear to knowledgeable about the scripts.
Thanks for your help!
Mark