Currently I am using free plan for confluence cloud and not able to get option to configure mail server.
Could you please help on the same.
Hi Nitin,
Confluence Cloud uses Atlassian's outgoing mail relays and these aren't user-configurable. From our reference documentation:
Atlassian Cloud comes with an internal SMTP server configured to send notifications. The internal SMTP server is not configurable, but you can configure Jira Cloud to send emails on behalf of your domain.
Is there something in particular that you needed to change with the mail settings?
Cheers,Daniel
Thanks for the information @Daniel Eads
How can we configure it on the behalf of our domain as I can see only Enable and Disable option in outgoing mail configuration.
Hey Nitin - sorry for the confusion. Although the snippet does mention sending on behalf of in Jira, the bit I was hoping to draw attention to is that the SMTP settings are not configurable.
For clarity: sending on behalf of a domain is a setting in Jira, but is not a configurable setting in Confluence.
Jumping in here because this is the closest relevant question I can find - we were able to change the "From Name" for the email in our Jira Cloud instance (as documented here) but I cannot find any similar configuration for Confluence Cloud. This appears to be a configurable setting in Confluence Server as well.
Does this exist or is it not available at the moment?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.