What we currently want to do is automatically update a tickets status to "UNDER REVIEW" based on a dev creating a pull request on GitHub. We currently have a single transition which changes the status of "IN PROGRESS" to "UNDER REVIEW".
I currently have a Workflow trigger that properly handles the change based on a trigger.
However, it is possible that a dev has forgotten to change their ticket to being "IN PROGRESS". For example, it could still be "OPEN".
In this case, there will be no transition, as OPEN -> UNDER REVIEW is not allowed.
In this case, I would like to send an email notification to the developer indicating the issue.
Is there a way I can send an email notification based on this situation? One work around would be to create a transition for OPEN -> UNDER REVIEW, but I would rather not do this. It is preferred to help provide the reminders to the devs on the correct flow they should be using.