Hi.
I need to automate a rule that sends an email when the sprint end date arrives.I tried to use a rule with {{sprint.endDate}} but it's not working.
{{sprint.endDate}} greater than {{now}} + 1
Did anyone have this need?
Thank you in advance
I think this is only possible with a dummy issue. The documentation says that the sprint smart values are available within some triggers:
Added by: the Sprint created, Sprint started and Sprint completed triggers
{{sprint.id}} {{sprint.name}} {{sprint.isStarted}} {{sprint.isClosed}} {{sprint.startDate}} {{sprint.endDate}} {{sprint.completeDate}} {{sprint.originBoardId}} {{sprint.goal}}
So what you can do is use the “sprint start” trigger to create an issue with some marker (label, component, custom field, whatever) that allows you to identify it later. Set the due date to {{sprint.endDate}}.
Then write a second automation with a „schedule“ trigger and som JQL like this:
project=myproject and label=sprintwatcher and resolution is empty and due<=-1dLet this rule run one a day.
Then add a third automation for „sprint completed“ trigger with a branch rule with some JQL to closed the issue along with the sprint.
It‘s magic.
Hi @Caio Fernandes ,
I'm afraid that there isn't really any easy way to do this at the moment. We have an item in our backlog, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Sprint-end-date/qaq-p/1467444 which would help with this.
In the meantime, you might try Florian's workaround.
Cheers,
Simeon.
Any idea when this feature will be released?
@Florian
What if a issue is spilled over to next sprint? the {{issue.Sprint.endDate.jiraDate}} is taking the Sprint end date of previous Sprint End Date.
How to get value of Current/ Active Sprint End date value?
I need this too! Help - how do we do this best?
You can run a schedule once a day and follow this method...
Hi Garrett! @Garrett McCreery
How did it works for you? Do you have any idea why this error might occur?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.