I'm showing the same status repeat over and over in the status filter when I do an issue search. We do have the same status types repeated across projects. Is this why? If so, is there a way to clean it up? You can't filter by status this way.
Hi @Heather Dubin,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Yes, it looks like you have duplicates of the same status, and to clean it up you would have to identify which projects are using these statuses. The easiest way of doing that is to go to Settings > Issues > Statuses, from here you can see which workflows are using which statuses. I would recommend renaming the status you are planing to replace and remove to make it easier to identify the new one, then go to each workflow and replace the status.
Hi @Mikael Sandberg
Thank you, but I actually need each project to have the same status, as each project goes through the same workflow.
Are you saying I can't have multiple projects with a "To Do", "In Progress", etc?
not at all. you can absolutely reuse statuses and should. What someone has done is to create duplicates which is not necessary and ultimately results in the issue your are now experiencing. What Mikael is saying is that you need to combine duplicates into one. to do this you rename one of them to say "awaiting staging old". in this way you can more readily move them to the "awaiting staging" that will remain.
You can reuse the same status on multiple projects.
Do you know if you are using both next-gen projects and classic projects? I just tested it in my test environment and the basic search will list the same status multiple times if you are using next-gen projects. If you switch over to JQL search you will not see the duplicates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.