I want to restrict certain users to only 1 Space in Confluence. I found the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/restrict-external-users-groups-to-certain-confluence-space-s-417366815.html
My problem is, I am at the Confluence administration --> Global Permissions page, and I cannot see where I can add a new group. I seem to only be restricted to the 4 already there.
How can I add my new group to Global Permissions?
2017-01-09 15_03_48-View Global Permissions - Confluence.png2017-01-09 15_04_19-Edit Global Permissions - Confluence.png
Hi Eldon,
The Global Permissions page shows the groups that have permission to sign in. Strange as it may seem, not all groups provide this permission, and by default new groups that you create also don't provide it.
The default group - confluence-users - provides permission to sign in, as do the administrator groups.
So to see your new group in the Global Permissions page you have to go to User Management > Application Access and add your group to the Global Permissions table. When you go back to the Global Permission page, your group will have been added. (To remove your group from the Global Permissions page, click the Can sign in checkbox on the Application Access page.)
From the admin cog on the navigation bar, go to User Management > Groups.
Atlassian's help page on the topic: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-groups-744721627.html
Thanks Rob. I have created the group and have added people in there. However, I can't see it in Global Permissions page. Is there something special I have to do when creating the group?
This is exactly what I needed! Adding the group to Application Access!
Thanks so much @Rob Woodgate! Could you please edit your original answer to include adding the group to application access and I'll set this as answered? Thanks again.
Happy to help
Converted to answer as requested.
For my reference, need to:
Here you will see the access to sign in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.