Hi
I have added another hierarchy (called "Initiative") and have followed the steps by adding the initiative issue type to my board and have also added it at the Level 1 hierarchy level above Epic in the Hierarchy organization screen. I now need to add a Parent Link field to the screen that Epics use which will allow me to set the Epic as a child of the Initiative. Does anyone have specific instructions for adding Parent Link field?
Thanks very much
Kind Regards
Carolyn
Hi @Carolyn Barbierato
Parent Link field is created automatically, please follow the below
Hi Prince
That worked perfectly, thank you very much for your response.
I have done all of the above steps and when I look at my parent link drop down it contains initiatves from other projects and portfolio features from other projects but none of my initiatives - is there a setting somewhere that I have missed?
Hi,
I have the same problem!, did you manage to solve it?
BR,
Alex
Hi Alex,
we were trialling premium and someone else picked up the roadmap assesment so I can't help i'm afraid - we didn't go ahead with the purchase or I would go a look so apologies
Hi,how can be added the Parent Link field to an Epic for Software Projects?
Not sure if this helps anyone but I was able to link the Epic to a Parent only after adding the Issue Type to the "advanced roadmaps" hierarchy.
The confusing bit for me was that I wasn't intending to use this parent linking for "advanced roadmaps" and so even thou the setting was located in "Advanced Roadmaps", this change affected the normal JIRA issue structure too.
Location of the Hierarchy is here:
https://[your-sub-domain].atlassian.net/secure/PortfolioHierarchy.jspa
NOTE: remember to change: [your-sub-domain] to whatever your subdomain for JIRA cloud.
You're right, @jono_tt. Layers above the Epic are added to Jira with Advanced Roadmaps (which comes only with Jira Cloud Premium and Enterprise, or Jira Data Center) -OR- a number of Atlassian Marketplace apps. It's not a built-in Jira feature.Congrats on making it work 👍🏻
-dave
Thank you for the information. I couldn't find the 'Parent Link' field to add and then discovered that it is Locked by default.
Hi @Carolyn Barbierato Do you have any idea, how to we get the issues in JQL format?.Like for example, I want all Epic in ONE PARENT LINk and the respective child issues in EPIC?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.