Hi
I am looking to embed a JIRA issue collector into my confluence cloud page.
What is the best way to do this?
Thanks
Hi Ryan, welcome to the Community!
There is built-in functionality to create Jira issues in Confluence by highlighting text, and then selecting "Create Jira issue" on the popup that appears. More information about this feature is available in our product documentation.
Additionally, there is an open feature request to allow embedded Jira issue collectors on Confluence pages: CONFCLOUD-26038
If the issue collector is what you really need vs creating an issue from the built-in functionality, you could also get the issue collector HTML from Jira and embed it on a page using one of the several Marketplace apps that allows you to add HTML content to Confluence Cloud.
Cheers,Daniel
Good lord almighty in the heaven's above!
So. Let's just break this down.
Atlassian makes Jira.
Atlassian makes Confluence.
I can embed a Jira issue or filter into Confluence, no problem.
I can embed an issue collector elsewhere in the world easily, with NO REGARD for security.
I can not embed an issue collector into a Confluence page, which is a side by side sibling product. Part of a suit of products, all marketed to "work together".
Why? Because it requires it to be wrapped in an HTML macro... which is insecure. HOWEVER... And oddly enough... if you want to pay for a third party add-on, the security concern magically vanishes!
And... this is where it gets annoying.
I can use "forms" (if the project is a work management project) to embed a "form" that collects issues in a confluence page...
The FORM is not insecure enough to cause Atlassian to hamstring it!!!
Embedded Jira issues are not insecure!
But... They say the COLLECTOR *IS* insecure. Because, it must be wrapped in an HTML macro. HOWEVER... AGAIN... Using "Forms" is fine!!! AND... if you PAY for an add-on, no worries! Use the collector ALL YOU LIKE!
AS LONG AS YOU SPEND THOSE SWEET SWEET MARKETPLACE BUCKS!
Friends. This is gaslighting at it's finest. This is also what happens when Atlassian collects revenue from the add-on marketplace AND it's core product.
All internal work to add value to the product grinds to a halt, because it is not generating ADDED revenue as part of the core product. It is only by pushing simple things like this off to the marketplace that they will generate ADDITIONAL revenue above and beyond the now over-priced core products that continue to see features dropped in favor of the marketplace add-ons. As is evidenced here.
The evidence shows repeatedly that, as Atlassian customers, our voices mean nothing to Atlassian as a company.
I will be looking elsewhere when doing our roadmap planning.
Hi @William Wilson ,
You mentioned roadmap planning - I want to make sure you're aware that you can create multiple issues at once from a table in Confluence. This is significantly faster than manually entering issues one-at-a-time in a collector or directly in Jira.
No add-ons or additional sites required. This is a standard feature of Confluence Cloud when you have Jira connected. Highlighting text in a table while in View mode, and then clicking "Create Issue" gives you a dialogue to do this. Using the "Create multiple issues from table" link lets you choose which columns are the summary and description fields, and gives you a list of all the issues it will create based on the table rows.
This tutorial from one of our product managers shows how the feature works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpuMAfBwf_8
Hello @Daniel Eads
I do appreciate your response. I'd like to urge you to re-read my complaint. Maybe something I said in this thread unintentionally inferred I was mentioning roadmap planning. I can't see it, so I'd like you to highlight it for me.
Also, I'm not sure at all, how your response relates to the comparison of how an HTML wrapper is too insecure to be included as part of the core product, but it's perfectly reasonable to install if you pay for it.
I'm not interested in bulk issue uploads. I'm interested in the ability to embed something in a Confluence page that will allow my confluence users to create Jira issues (one at a time), from a Confluence page.
I did find a work-around which makes it work, but can be hard to navigate, and not at all seamless... But!!! You can BUY AN ADD-ON to make it look more seamless. Which, I feel is something you should be able to do in a WIKI product.
You used to be able to do things like this with the core product. And now you can't. UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT. WIKI: a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users. And yet, if I want to remove a table border in Confluence, I have to buy an add-on to do it. Does Atlassian even realize how insulting that is?So, in case it's not clear... My complaint is that Atlassian has shifted the bulk of it's public facing development to *recurring* *paid* subscriptions in the marketplace, without adjusting the base price to reflect how much of the base product has been moved from part of the core product, to a paid "revenue stream" item.
Until a valid debate can be made, I do not see this as unreasonable.
While searching for "how to embed a Jira issue collector script into a Confluence page" I found this old community post. I apologize if I shouldn't be adding my concerns on top of old issues.
Point
We are already using the Jira Issue Collector on our public website to capture feedback on our documentation. The benefit of the issue collector is that the submitter does not need to have a Jira license to be able to create issues in our projects. We just ensure the user has an email address and password.
Request
We are looking to add buttons on our internal Confluence Cloud site that let people create different issue types in a specific project. I visualize three different buttons:
Each button should open a popup window where the issue collector for the specific issue type.
Concerns
I just think Atlassian is missing an opportunity to more readily integrate their products. I won't be as cynical to say that the business side of things favors customers purchasing licensable solutions from the Marketplace, but it's not a hard stretch to believe.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.