Hi,
I need help with setting up an automation rule.
I have two projects in which every month, there is a new Story created with the name of the month and a year (e.g. August 2020).
In one of the projects in addition to the Story, there are certain sub-tasks created.
My requirement is to link those sub-tasks to the issue created in another project based on the sumamry of the sub-tasks parent.
If a sub-task parent summary = summary of an issue in the other project then link. Otherwise do nothing.
Here's an example of what I need to do:
Project 1 (all auto-created using automation every month)
Story: August 2020 [under epic ABC-1]
Sub-task 1: To do [parent summary: August 2020]
Sub-task 2: To approve [parent summary: August 2020]
Sub-task 3: To resolve [parent summary: August 2020]
Project 2: (story auto-created using automation every month)
Story: August 2020 [under epic BAA-7]
I need to create "relates to" links for all those sub-tasks from project 1 where parent summary = summary of story from project 2.
Is this something I'd be able to do with any of the automation apps?
I already have a custom field that returns a parent name for all issues, so I only would need to compare the custom field in the two projects and link issues based on that.
What would be the best way to accomplish this?