I'm a junior business analyst at a small company (6-10 people), I started two weeks ago. I've been tasked to find a solution to our project management struggles, quite a daunting responsibility.
We are currently using Monday.com for our granular, low-level development breakdown. The problem comes in when we want to see the full picture - how are our schedules looking, can we take on a new client, when can we realistically start on that project and will deliverables be delayed due to project overlap?
I believe that a combination of Atlassian software could be our solution, and I wish to champion the transition. In typical BA style, these are the requirements:
- We require low-level, granular task creation and tracking
- Users must be assigned to tasks
- Comments can be made on tasks that are easily accessible/readable
- We need a high-level view on not only one project, but all of our projects (Sort of like a gantt chart)
- A central code repository that is accessible
- A central space to keep our files - project proposals, functional specifications, interface design reports, database design reports etc.
- Version control on formal documentation must be possible
- A view in which we can see what each user plans to be busy with in coming weeks.
- The project manager needs to know my availability to schedule a new project
I want to make a good impression and kick-off my career as a BA on a positive note, so I am reaching out to the community for some input. Which combination of Atlassian products could solve my problem?