I would like to make some changes on our Global Custom Fields, but before I do that I would like to get more information on how to properly do this and what impacts it may have. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks
What type of changes are you wanting to make? Can you provide 1..n specific examples?
We would like to make time tracking a global setting. Right now you can add it but when we are trying to pull data from it, it is difficult because it is in a different location depending on the board. If we have it global we should be able to get the results we are after.
Drilling into your example, are you referring to the built-in capability in JIRA Cloud for time tracking - the Log Work feature?
And when you say the information is in different locations depending on the board, can you provide more details about the way you are pulling data and why it appears the info is in different locations?
If I make a custom field on my board, and I want to implement the same custom field to your board. The only way I know how is to go to your board and copy the custom field I created. Problem with this is it will generate a new custom field in the background. Example:
Board: Apple
Field Name: Time Estimate
Custom field ID: Customfield_ABC
Board: Orange
Custom Field ID: Customfield_XYZ
When it comes to reporting, these do not fall in the same columns. What I would love to see is…
Board: Apple & Orange
Field Name; Time Estimate
Custom field ID: Customfield_123
An example custom field I can refer to is Customfield_[10016], Story Point Estimate. This is a field that is the same over multiple boards and projects.
I hope this makes sense. The second part to this is to perhaps create global custom rules that can easily be enabled from one board to another capturing these custom fields that I’m wondering if we can build out globally.
I can show you this too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.