How can I edit the custom field for issues, I setup custom field as numbers, but I saw it shows , for each three numbers. For example the telephone numbers. Should I change it to text? And How can I do this, I did not see in edit.
Hi @Jinlin Zhou
It's not possible to change the custom field's type once created - you'd need to create a new custom field to replace the one you have.
I would consider using the free-text field. Using your example of phone numbers, it would offer a little more flexibility in terms of international numbers (eg. +61, +41, etc) - leaving the number field for numeric values.
If you need to apply validation to the field - you can do this (sort of) using some internal options - but I think ideally an app will benefit here, such as ProForma.
Ste
Thank you!
No worries
If this answered your query, could you select "Accept Answer" above? This helps other users who find the same question know that this is the solution!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.